SOLVED "create shortcut"

Reaction score
I still have the problem after downloading Windows 10 twice. When I right click on a page to "create shortcut" the screen I get is...
Select all
Inspect element
View source
It worked fine prior to downloading Windows 10 when I was using Windows 8.1. I don't recall having changed any settings and tried a second download just in case with the same result. So it's either my laptop or the downloads. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I assume we are talking about a browser?
Specifically "Microsoft Edge"?
I don't believe the facility (function) is incorporated into that particular browser, yet?
I can't seem to find it either.
If you discover a means of doing so, please let us know.
It does seem to still be an option in the latest version of IE.

Reaction score
It doesn't work for me on Microsoft Edge or Google, although a poster to my same post yesterday at 3:49 PM stated that it was working for them. I messaged a relative who downloaded it and am waiting for a response as to whether it works for him or not. It still works on my other laptop on Windows 8.1. I'm using a Dell right now and have Dell Support looking into it for me. I'll post any info that I get. In the meantime it would be nice to know if anyone has that function working for them or not on Windows 10.

Reaction score
Well, I figured a few things out.
You cannot right click and create shortcut on Microsoft Edge.
You can create a shortcut on IE. Example, you can search and open a news site on IE and create a shortcut for the main page, you can also create a shortcut for sub articles. Everything is normal as it was in Windows 8.1 in that respect.
But once you use the shortcut to open the main then you can no longer create shortcuts for the main page or sub articles. With Windows 8.1 you could. If you want to create a shortcut for a sub article you have to back to IE, search the main page again, go to the sub article and create shortcut.

Ask a Question