Create Windows10 bootable image from itself

Reaction score
Hi, how do I create a bootable windows 10 image from the one installed on my pc? Thanks

Reaction score
If you wish to create a system image backup for your Windows 10 pc there are two ways to do that, One is with the on board utility. Go to Back up and Restore in the Control Panel and view the options on the left. Pick one and proceed. I am sure more detailed instructions will be offered by the moderator or other members of the forum but that is a place to start. Remember to mount (view) the drive or disk after you make an image to verify that it has been successfully accomplished.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's probably important to note that generally speaking images created, regardless of the method, are not going to be bootable. They require that you boot from rescue media to use them to restore your PC.

In the case of the native Windows System Image utility (which I don't use nor recommend) you will need to boot from the installation media and then use the advance trouble shooting options to find "System Image Recovery"
Other third party resources will generally require that you create a rescue CD from within their software in order to boot your machine and then use their image to recover your PC.

Reaction score
Trouble is absolutely correct. If you have questions, now would be the time to ask. He can supply you with the name of the "Third party resource" which you will use to create your System Image Recovery CD.

Ask a Question