Cut and paste in Edge browser

Reaction score
Previously, I have no problem copying and pasting in the InPrivate mode. It was only after a Window upgrade that I start having this problem. Tried to uninstall the latest via System Restore but couldn't do so as an error message said that there is some anti-virus software that prevents the System Restore to complete. I only have Windows Defender on. Not sure how to disable it so that I can do a System Restore.

Anyway, I will try your last suggestion first to see if it works.

Reaction score
Tried your last suggestion but it still doesn't work. Previously, this feature works for me even in the InPrivate. The problem only occurred after I update my Window 10. I tried doing a System Restore as well but couldn't complete it as an error message said that an anti-virus or security feature is preventing the completion of the System Restore.

Reaction score
By the way, if I open the InPrivate Window using the "Open with Internet Explorer" mode via the '...' settings, I can copy and paste pics again.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I've attached a PowerShell Script for you. It's compiled as an executable.

Download the zip folder, then right-click and select extract all

Once extracted, right click the ResetEdge.exe and select Run as administrator

Fingers crossed this may resolve things by re-registering Edges components.

Note: Your favorites will be safe, but you will need to reset your Home Page after running this, and if using the Favorites Bar, you'll need to turn that back on. Any favorites in the Favorites Bar will also be safe.

Attachments

• ResetEdge.zip
    127.8 KB · Views: 286
Reaction score
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg

Regedit32

Reaction score
I can assure you there is no virus in the executable, but your antivirus seems to think there is an issue with the Exe file.

Here is the PowerShell code that the executable contains.

Code:
remove-item $env:localappdata\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\* -recurse -Force 2>$null

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

If you right-click on Start then select Windows PowerShell (Admin) and click yes when prompted by the User Account Control you can then copy & paste the above code into the PowerShell console and press Enter to run it.

Reaction score
Ok, tried it. Seems that the Microsoft Edge has been reset but still cannot copy and paste in the Inprivate mode. See pics attached.
Picture4.jpg
Picture5.jpg

Ask a Question