D-Link 868L - DD-WRT

Reaction score
Last weekend my trusty D-Link 868L router suddenly stopped getting an IPV6 prefix from my ISP ( Rogers Cable in Canada).

....long story of no interest to anyone who is not a Rogers Cable customer.

Anyway I decide to convert the 868L over to DD-WRT. After bricking the router twice and recovering I succeeded. I think the device is now faster, certainly has a simpler interface and is happy with the IPV6 info from the ISP.

Discovered that most likely some engineer at my local node changed the configuration of the CMTS ( Cable Modem Termination System) device.

Anyway I don't think this is a solution to any W10 network problems but I now know how to get DD-WRT set up.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Nice...you should do a step by step tutorial on that and post it here in the Articles thread.

Reaction score
Trouble is....the router I have has its own special install from DD-WRT. If anyone on the forum has one... then I will help them step by step of course. Most routers supported by DD-WRT are simpler to do.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice :). I tried OpenWRT (which is pretty similar) on an old router a couple of years ago, but I had so many problems getting the VPN server component working that ended up giving up. I might give it anther go now, as I guess it has changed a lot.

Ask a Question