Prevent hyperlink use in outlook 2010

Reaction score
Is there any security setting in windows 10 that will stop use of hyperlink in my emails in outlook 2010? I can't seem to find it on my own.

Reaction score
not sure don't remember any in 2007, and I'm on 2013 now, hyperlinks are there but you have to click on them and usually ok a warning before opening them?

I think you can change your email from HTML to plain text

Last edited:
Reaction score
not sure don't remember any in 2007, and I'm on 2013 now, hyperlinks are there but you have to click on them and usually ok a warning before opening them?
It's a notice that opening is prevented due to the settings in the computer, which I cannot identify. I tried to click on the help for outlook and got the same message, would not let me go there.

Reaction score
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/831607/how-to-view-all-e-mail-messages-in-plain-text-format

2018-04-25_14-03-02. Trust Outlook.png

Reaction score
Well, my trust center is checked just like this, so that didn't work either. I haven't messed with the settings in my av at all, so I don't think it's there either. Thanks for the ideas

Reaction score
I thik the view all mail in text should block the hyperlinks the MS link I posted I didin't read it but if it plain text hyperlinks don't work?

Reaction score
That box on mine is NOT checked, I thought the same thing. It's telling me it is a setting in the computer, not in Outlook.

Ask a Question