Prevent Program Auto Load on Reboot

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "taskmgr" into the "Open" box and click "OK". When Task Manager starts, click on the "Startup" tab and see any of the problem programs are listed. If so, right-click them and select "Disable".

Ben

Reaction score
My computer will restart by itself after I have been logged on for 15 or 20 minutes. I called HP tech support and they referred me to a contractor probably in India who worked on my computer remotely for almost two hours and were unable to fix this annoying problem. I bought a new desk top computer with windows 10 already installed. The problem continues!

Reaction score
Sorry I am asking a slightly different question. The latest update version of Windows 10 now reopens any programs that are open when you reboot if you have not closed them before you reboot. I am not referring to programs that are selected to load at start-up. This feature is very annoying.

Ask a Question