D sub issue

Reaction score
Hi,
I downloaded win 10 on my Dell after prompting over n over. I had win 7 home office. After 12 hours the download completed. Now the Only Thing I have on my screen is
D-SUB
Out of range
63.9 khz/60Hz
What do I need to do to get out? Nothing works!
Please need helpful advice.
Ty, jan

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello jan and welcome to the forum.
It sounds a bit like you may have an issue with your drivers and from the looks of things it might be a configuration issue with your video settings perhaps over-driving your monitor slightly.
Have you recently switched from a CRT to an LCD (flat panel monitor)?
Have you tried rebooting your computer a couple times?
During the upgrade process did you download the ISO file and create installation media?

Reaction score
Hello jan and welcome to the forum.
It sounds a bit like you may have an issue with your drivers and from the looks of things it might be a configuration issue with your video settings perhaps over-driving your monitor slightly.
Have you recently switched from a CRT to an LCD (flat panel monitor)?
Have you tried rebooting your computer a couple times?
During the upgrade process did you download the ISO file and create installation media?
Hi,
I have f2, f12, set up, reboot x10, drivers were up to date prior to downloading win 10. The monitor I have is a few years old now. I can't figure it out. I am going to go to safe mode n see if I can get it to work.
Thanks.
Hey would it help to use a dvi?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey would it help to use a dvi?
It may, and likely will the D-SUB is unique to VGA so DVI might help especially if it's an end to end solution and doesn't involve an adapter of some kind.
Also you might want to swap out the VGA cable just for testing purposes and confirm both ends are connected firmly.
I had a DVI connection on a monitor go bad and had to switch to the VGA connection in order to continue to use the monitor.

Ask a Question