Darken text and use larger font

Reaction score
I need to mainly darken the text on Windows and all programs. I keep changing my font size and would like to set it and forget it. Any ideas?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You can't easily do quite what you are after (as far as I am aware), but you do have a few options.
  • If you'd like to make things easier to see, you could right click the desktop and select "display settings" and them increase the scaling options - it'll slightly increase the size of everything on your screen (for almost all apps).
  • An extreme option would be to use the "high contrast" settings under accessibility options, but that may not be ideal.
  • A good option may be a solution proposed by @davehc in another forum thread:
"Settings - System -Display. At the bottom select "Advanced display settings."

In the next window, select "Clear Type Text"
Another Windows will now pop up. Tick the small square "Turn on Clear Type"

You will now be taken through a serious of comparison text frames. Keep selecting the darker ones of you choice. Click "next", and then "next" again.
Eventually you will be able to mark as finished (After about five frames)

Reaction score
Sorry, Ian, but that is now redundant. There is no "Advanced display settings " now.
All no lost, however.
Easiest way is to type Clear type in the search box.
Again, a mystery why they chose to drop the visibility of the feature.

Reaction score
Just returned to point out that this program is "cttune", located in the System 32 folder of Windows. Easy, if you will have a lot of use for it, to make a shortcut.

Ask a Question