Default app by file don't work

Reaction score
Hi Danielj,

a little more info would be appreciated, like where you try and change the defaults?, regedit?, default apps in settings?. :):):)

Reaction score
If nothing else seems to work, try right clicking on the file, select open with, select "choose another app". If the app isn't listed, click more apps. If it still isn't listed select "look for another app on this PC". You'll have to dig around to find the apps exe file. Also make sure the "always open dwg files with this app" box is checked.

Reaction score
I did. It work only once. It seems "keep using this app" is stuck with the following file: "C:\Program Files (X86) Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe""%1". Maybe I first must delete this file.

Reaction score
Hi Danielj,

a little more info would be appreciated, like where you try and change the defaults?, regedit?, default apps in settings?. :):):)

I tried Settings/Apps/Default apps/ but dwg file is now missing. Yesterday it was still there. I did choose the default to open the dwg but don't want to take it. Only a emty block with no + sign in it or something else..

Reaction score
I did. It work only once. It seems "keep using this app" is stuck with the following file: "C:\Program Files (X86) Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe""%1". Maybe I first must delete this file.
Hi Danielj,

Windows has its own PDF reader built into Edge browser, if you don't need Adobe Reader then remove it and things should return to normal for you?. :):):)

Ask a Question