Default column widths for 'Save Image'?

Reaction score
After using 'Save Image As...' on a photo in a web browser, what determines the default column widths?

Here, it consistently comes up with Name much too narrow. It's smaller than Date, which never needs that width.

ColumnWidths.jpg

Adjusting afterwards is easy, automatically with Ctrl + Keypad+, or simply dragging separators, but still...

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reaction score
Not sure if it will work after "save as", through your path, have you tried clicking View in File explorer and then "size all columns to fit"?

Reaction score
Gary: Thanks but that doesn't work with the File browsers (Open/Save As).

Dave: Yep, as mentioned I can do that (quicker with shortcut I gave). But I want to avoid that extra step. Seems a design flaw to me. If a permanent setting (or registry hack) is not possible, I'd at least like the browse window to come up like the previous one I adjusted, instead of reverting to its default.

I have a couple of hundred to save in this project, most with longish file names, so it's a pain as it stands.

Ask a Question