Delay with moving/deleting files

Reaction score
Over last few weeks I have been noticing that when I go to delete a file or move it another folder it will actually take around 5-10 seconds to actually execute. I dont mean slow transfer but its like the process hangs for a bit. Weird thing is that it doesn't do it every single time, and hard to predict it. Everything else on my pc is working normally. My C: is a Crucial SSD

I have run disk check and disk clean and completes with no problem.

I tried running sfc /scannow both in safe mode and normal boot however it comes back with the following message. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios."

Ok, so I start digging into google trying to figure this out as im not sure what im looking at in the logs and I come across a few other commands to try

Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth - the message I received "The component store is repairable.
The operation completed successfully."

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Im not really sure what to try at this point. Im glad that my pc if fully operational but just having to wait a bit for a file to show up in a new folder is quite annoying.

Ask a Question