Delete Addresses from address book

Reaction score
Help. I can find nothing that tells how to delete not wanted addresses in address book.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
By "address book" are we talking about the "People" app in Windows 10?
OR
Are you talking about a contacts list in some mail client or other (not native to Windows 10)?

Reaction score
I mean the one, when you compose a message and, for To, you type a letter, like "d" and it brings up the list of contacts beginning with "d". Those lists just keep increasing, seems anyone you write to or receive from are added.
Thanks for your reply. Mary D. (themrd)

Reaction score
I replied but don't see it. I mean when you compose a message and, at TO:, you type a letter and it brings up all the contact beginning with that letter.
The lists just keep increasing, I have even deceased contacts in it.
Thanks for you reply. Mary D (themrd)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AND.......
You still haven't answered my question(s).
What email client are you using to produce the email.

Reaction score
AND.......
You still haven't answered my question(s).
What email client are you using to produce the email.
I better give up. What is an email client? Centurylink is my provider. I simply click on COMPOSE and type a letter after To. Don't know what else.
Mary D.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
An email client is, something like.....
Outlook, Live Mail, the new Windows Mail App (in Windows 10) or some other third party software like Thunderbird, Incredimail, Pegasus, etc.
If you are just using a web browser to interface with your Centurylink provider, then you would have to ask them how to control your contacts list.
I remember, not so long ago, Outlook Express had a check box you needed to uncheck or else it would put everyone you replied to into your "address book" / contact list.
It'll probably be something similar you need to check or uncheck, somewhere on the toolbar under options or something similar.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Most top tier providers have a Webmail / WebAccess function available to their subscribers to allow them to use a web browser to access their email from anywhere on the planet.
Some are more robust than others and support multiple features and functions for controlling their various components.
The one thing you have to remember when using a browser.... what you see is not always, what you actually have.
I know that in my Comcast web mail program, sometimes I can empty a folder (like "Trash") and it goes through the motions and then displays the same number of items as before. They're not there anymore, it's just my browser cache that thinks they still are. They don't disappear sometimes until I do a Ctrl + F5 to refresh the web page.

Ask a Question