SOLVED Delete without warning, fixable?

Reaction score
In the frustration of learning this new operating system, I was clicking windows closed and don't ask me how I did it, but I mistakenly deleted two files. One of which was an 8 or 9 Gb .ts.

My old system, XP, would have put up a dialog box asking if I wanted to delete such and such file or files. And, once I clicked yes, another box would pop up, informing me the file was too big for the Recycle Bin, did I want to permanently delete it.

Obviously, 10 thinks those warning/dialog boxes are superfluous clutter, and that people don't make mistakes with right click delete. I've used WinDerStat to investigate every lager file on my computer, The Highwaymen concert is gone.

Is there an option available in Win 10 Home to get those delete warnings back.

Ps. Deleting something from the Recycle Bin brings up a dialog box. But, when I delete something from a subfolder on my C drive there is no warning/dialog box.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop and choose properties.
Inspect the settings radio button for each drive if more than one are present and make sure the confirm delete checkbox it checked

ConfirmDelete.JPG

Ask a Question