Deleted User account

Reaction score
I have a partition on my C: drive D: and I had a user account there, somehow today I have hit the wrong key and this particular user account and all it contents have disappeared.
Is there any way to recover it again?

Thank You

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you have a system Restore point you could use that.
  • Press windows key and S key together to give focus to the Search/Cortana field
  • Type restore then click on Create a restore point
  • Click on System restore button
  • Select Choose a different restore point and click Next
  • Select a restore point of your choice and click Next
  • Follow prompts.

Reaction score
Thank you for that advice when I do this I see two restore points on the same day one is...

System image restore point
and the other is
Automatic image restore point.

Which would be best?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Either would be fine.

So long as the date and time come before you deleted that account.

Reaction score
Thanks Regedit32. I tried both but unsuccessful. System Restore did not complete successfully. Unspecified errors.

Reaction score
I have been creating system image backups on an external drive. Plus using file backups that's part of win 10. I'm not sure how to go about restoring from there and if it would be too complicated for me to attempt. Would this restore the user account and all its contents that I seem to have deleted. It seems a bit drastic to have to do this as all I need to do is restore that user account and all its contents. The computer is working fine apart from that.

Reaction score
O.K. panic over. I just rethought my steps of when I supposedly deleted the user account. Instead I must have just jogged the mouse a bit and moved the user folder into the folder below. So am now copying it back over into the correct place. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Many thanks for your help.

Ask a Question