Dell Support Assist Recovery Tool

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Dell PC with Windows 10. Whenever I install the update : Support Assist Recovery Tool Ver 4.4.2 my media player slows down to one frame per sec and my Audio Engine A2+ desktop speakers have no sound. This has been going on repeatedly for a long time. I'm pretty certain it would be a Dell thing but am surprised there aren't more people out there with this issue as they sell so many PCs pre-loaded with MS Win 10. Like the vaunted automatic MS Updates, over which we no longer have control, Dell has a packaged 'Support Assist' Wiz on board. Apologies I digress. Any ideas on the Dell update / Media player thing? Thanks

Reaction score
:)reference Dell support Assist, I have found it to be next to useless. I have an Dell XPS 420, well updated since installed 12 years ago. OS winsows 10 pro, version 1903.
I too have tried to obtain assistance from Dell on several occasions with no result. Appears to me that as my Pc is ancient to them, they just do not want to know. Updates? Non for my PC it appears.
That includes even drivers for the mini viewer part of my PC.

Ask a Question