Dell site showed post linking May 2019 build Media Creation Tool!

Reaction score
I was roaming through the Win 10 forum on the Dell site and one of their special posters had a link to the Media Creation tool for 18362. Of course, when I checked it showed "Forbidden error 403". Someone probably noticed the thread and disabled the link, but it may come back... I will be keeping an eye open.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, mentioned in my first post.... It almost seems like the Dell post insinuated it had downloaded the newest version but a little hard to understand what was being done. The Media Creation Tool just makes a Windows.iso file so not sure where the normal naming of the files mentioned comes from. But like I said, I will be keeping an eye on it. Since even the May 10th date has been disputed by another blog, we are still just guessing.

I am seeing other sites with the same info. It was yesterday so likely somebody closed the door.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I still use Chrome Agent Switcher which is a spoofer you can use in Chrome Browser to make it pretend to be something else so when you go to the MS Download site with chrome pretending to be something like an iPad or iPhone you get to see what you are actually able to download

Capture.PNG

So I assume whenever the May 2019 version drops, I'll be able to see it and download it without the Media Creation Tool as I've done multiple times in the past.

Reaction score
Is it the general opinion that the future downloads will still be available as ISO's?
I seem to remember reading, cant find the link, that, apart from OEM's, they will only be, however big, UUP's.
Later. Ok. Found it, but it doesn't say ISO's will stop, only that UUP's will be the norm.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't seem to be able to edit my post #4, so, just to add :
In fact, it looks like there is no longer a Microsoft download site, as such. Read this

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is it the general opinion that the future downloads will still be available as ISO's?
I seem to remember reading, cant find the link, that, apart from OEM's, they will only be, however big, UUP's.
Later. Ok. Found it, but it doesn't say ISO's will stop, only that UUP's will be the norm.

That appears to be related to the flighting of Insider Preview releases.
I distinctly remember when they switch to UUPs from ESDs.
I had to switch from ESDtoISO to a different program UUPtoISO in order to construct a local ISO copy of the Preview.
I didn't know that it happened all the way back on December 3rd of 2016. Thanks for the reference link.

I don't know what might be happening with respect to the Microsoft Download Center.
When I mentioned
when you go to the MS Download site
I was talking about https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
That is where I use the Chrome spoofer interface to download the ISO that I want.

Reaction score
What happens if you use the "More Download Options" and follow the link to download Insider builds. Is it just prior builds and not the recent ones?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nothing much just some additional options for Volume Licensing, MSDN, Academic, etc., etc.

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question