Dell Support Assist Recovery Tool

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Dell PC with Windows 10. Whenever I install the update : Support Assist Recovery Tool Ver 4.4.2 my media player slows down to one frame per sec and my Audio Engine A2+ desktop speakers have no sound. This has been going on repeatedly for a long time. I'm pretty certain it would be a Dell thing but am surprised there aren't more people out there with this issue as they sell so many PCs pre-loaded with MS Win 10. Like the vaunted automatic MS Updates, over which we no longer have control, Dell has a packaged 'Support Assist' Wiz on board. Apologies I digress. Any ideas on the Dell update / Media player thing? Thanks.

Reaction score
Personally may I suggest a change of player to "Music Bee ". Completely does everything on the music front that I found lacking in Windows Media player. First Class.
In respect of " Dell "Support Assist", I ditched that ages ago as completely surplus to requirements.Never appears to do anything concrete ,at least on my Dell XPS420 (12yrs old).

Try "Music Bee" as you will be able to import all your existing music. Hope this helps.

Ask a Question