(DESKTOP PC) Airplane mode turns on on it's own

Reaction score
Hi all, first post on this forum, hoping for some answers!

Recently I built a new gaming PC for my girlfriend.
If I remember correctly, her specs are:
Motherboard: Asus Pro Gamer Z97
CPU: Intel i7 4790
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB (2x8)
PSU: Corsair 750w (can't remember exactly what)
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1070 O8G
HDD: WDC 1TB (or something)
SSD: 120GB Samsung Evo 850

Now the problem is that sometimes airplane mode will turn itself on for no reason, yet she has no wireless card inside the PC and it's entirely wired up. Why does airplane mode even technically exist on her PC if there are no wireless devices whatsoever and why does it turn on on it's own?

The only thing I can think of is that she's currently using an ethernet mains adapter so that she can essentially be "wired" up to the router through the houses main power. I suppose Windows 10 could be detecting this as some sort of wireless device, however I also have an ethernet mains adapter (of a different brand) and I've never had this issue.

Is there a way to permanently disable airplane mode? There are no settings for it in the Wifi & Network settings in Windows (because it technically shouldn't exist) so it seems impossible to disable it right now through Windows.

Oh and she's not using a UPS backup battery either (which is one reason that can cause this problem apparently)

Thanks

Ask a Question