Destop icon

Reaction score
For some reason my desktop icons do not show as they should.
This is what I get now.
desktop icon.png

Reaction score
The only thing I see that may not be right is that shortcut doesn't show as being associated with any particular program such as the one that created the file. Here's a few on my Win11 Desktop:

1645927708941.png

Reaction score
Start by saying what program created the file that shortcut/icon is pointing to, right-click it to get more information in Properties. When that has been determined right-click it again and choose Open with, click on the program name.

Reaction score
Start by saying what program created the file that shortcut/icon is pointing to, right-click it to get more information in Properties. When that has been determined right-click it again and choose Open with, click on the program name.
I'm half stupid can you kindly be more explicit

Reaction score
The steps I gave have been in use for quite awhile. A quick check is simply to do what is done with all shortcuts, just double-left-click it and see what program opens. If none does then there's problems with your Windows installation.

Ask a Question