SOLVED Internet connection icon issue

Reaction score
The icon on my laptop bottom bar says I'm connected to a LAN even though the computer isn't connected to anything but the power cable. When I check the settings, it says I'm on Wi-fi. Any idea why the difference? I turned it off earlier then back on. It is synced with my desk top which is showing the wireless connection.

Reaction score
Could you post a picture of which Icon you are referring to? I am not aware of a "Lan" icon.
Or do you mean this one, which is showing you have a connection to your router:
1634963848803.png

Reaction score
Could you post a picture of which Icon you are referring to? I am not aware of a "Lan" icon.
Or do you mean this one, which is showing you have a connection to your router:
View attachment 13768
The wireless connection icon is like the one you show except pointing to the upper left with the broad part. The connection for anything except wireless is a box. The wireless icon doesn't say what kind of connection it is, but the box does. I can't get a screen shot on it. Last reboot seems to have solved it, but I still wonder what caused it in the first place.

Ask a Question