Dim Screen

Reaction score
So I just updated my windows 10 on my Samsung laptop with an Intel Core i7-3635QM processor (not sure if that's actually helpful in this case), my screen brightness adjustment keys stopped working so I found some forums that said to check if the Generic PnP monitor was enabled, which it is.

Next I tried to update my display adapter drivers but that didn't work either. The only thing I found that worked is switching one of my two display adapters to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. The problem there is that I need to dual screen my laptop and that adapter doesn't allow that. When I switch it back to the Intel HD Graphics 4000 adapter the screen stays bright but becomes dim once my computer goes into sleep or hibernate.

Does anybody know of something I can do so that I don't have to constantly be switching adapters to have a bright screen?

Ask a Question