SOLVED Disable interstitial screen on update

Reaction score
When I got home and turned my computer on I was made to sit through several interstitial screens after logging on.

>>Hi
>>We've updated your PC
>>All your files are exactly where you left them

etc. etc.

How do I disable this in the future?

It wasted my time giving me no more information than a notification in the system tray. I had to sit through it twice because I had to re-login as an administrator to repair registry settings for a monitor that the update apparently unfixed, which made it feel sarcastically obnoxious. "All your files are exactly where you left them... but we secretly changed some on you!" My blood pressure went up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I had to re-login as an administrator to repair registry settings for a monitor that the update apparently unfixed,
Sounds to me like you know what you're doing and it sounds to me like you probably already know that you can't disable those screens.
They've been around forever, They're just more in your face and ugly now, but.....
If you remember, even back in the XP days, when you logged on as a new user you would see little dialog boxes pop up, "preparing / configuring I.E.", "preparing your desktop", etc.
Unfortunately now, they just seem more annoying and seem to take longer than before.

Reaction score
Ugh, that's what I was afraid of; I tried not to get my hopes up when I couldn't find what I wanted with search, but I figured I'd at least see if I was just barking up the wrong tree with my search keywords or whatever.

Well, thanks for the definitive answer, at least.

Ask a Question