SOLVED Disable popup "Only secure content is displayed"

Reaction score
I have followed the advice on this forum a number of times by going to Internet Options> Security tab>scroll down to display mixed content> enable, apply, and reboot. This does not resolve the problem. Any other suggestions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have Trend Micro Security installed. Could that be a part of the problem?
I couldn't say with any confidence, although.....
I do love to rant about third party security suites and how they seem to be overzealous in their so-called protection as well as generally huge resource hogs, but.....
I'll save you the soapbox speechifying, it may be a fine product, I've never tried it. I do know that many of the top tier products do seem to plug themselves into various applications including browsers and office suites.
Somebody on their community support forum may be able to be of more assistance with the intricacies of that particular program.

Reaction score
I couldn't say with any confidence, although.....
I do love to rant about third party security suites and how they seem to be overzealous in their so-called protection as well as generally huge resource hogs, but.....
I'll save you the soapbox speechifying, it may be a fine product, I've never tried it. I do know that many of the top tier products do seem to plug themselves into various applications including browsers and office suites.
Somebody on their community support forum may be able to be of more assistance with the intricacies of that particular program.

Reaction score
I have "enabled" mixed content in internet options and disabled Trend Micro Security and still receive the pop up "only secure content is displayed".

Reaction score
Had a chat session with Trend Micro technician this morning. The "only secure content is displayed" only pops up on some sites. The most used site that I have that it pops up on is http://seccountry.com . Tech suggested that I list that site as an exception in software. I have done that, but it still pops up. About ready to give up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just tested your seccountry.com link and no "secure content only" pop up at all on mine after enabling mixed content.
IDK, evidently just another MS mystery.

Reaction score
Just tested your seccountry.com link and no "secure content only" pop up at all on mine after enabling mixed content.
IDK, evidently just another MS mystery.
What browser did you use to access the above link? I have tried a number of settings in Internet Options and Trend Micro. Trend Micro advises it is a problem with MS Edge and Internet Explorer. I do not get the pop-up when using Google or Firefox.

Reaction score
The problem is, as you say, on your end. I dont think it has been addressed in the latest update.

I)t did happen to me quite a bit. It was after the introduction of the https sites. Lazy, or bad programming on those sites which updated, left a mixture of secure and insecure content - hence the unnecessary popup.

IE interacts with Edge, it seems. The advice I was given at the time, (should you find it happening again), was to open Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Security tab - Custom level.
In Settings: Under "Display mixed content," (About half way down) select "Enable". Apply and OK and then exit
This certainly worked for me.

Reaction score
The problem is, as you say, on your end. I dont think it has been addressed in the latest update.

I)t did happen to me quite a bit. It was after the introduction of the https sites. Lazy, or bad programming on those sites which updated, left a mixture of secure and insecure content - hence the unnecessary popup.

IE interacts with Edge, it seems. The advice I was given at the time, (should you find it happening again), was to open Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Security tab - Custom level.
In Settings: Under "Display mixed content," (About half way down) select "Enable". Apply and OK and then exit
This certainly worked for me.

Ask a Question