SOLVED Display Annoyance

Reaction score
Approximately two months ago windows 10 has decided that I wanted to have a screensaver. I have gone to the screen saver settings and have set it "None" but still it continues. The jpg file that it displays is one from a folder on an external hard drive. I do not remember ever using that file in a Slide Show and I very rarely use the Slide Show option.

This switch from desktop to the Photo Gallery seems to take place at the time I had set to "Go to sleep" after one hour in Power Plan. In my Custom Plan I had set the time to turn display off to 30 min. but the screen does not turn off even after several hours.

In my efforts to solve this problem I used the "Microsoft Autoruns" program and unchecked the box for Photo Gallery but that did not solve the problem

I would appreciate any help to end this annoyance!

Reaction score
I think I'd try getting a Theme set, some are pretty good, especially like the Reflections. If that works then I'd try disabling the screensaver and see if it sticks.

Ask a Question