SOLVED Display Driver not available for Sony Vaio Laptop E Series - Unable to reduce brightness

Reaction score
Display Driver not available for Sony Vaio Laptop E Series - Unable to reduce brightness... :( It is fully bright and then when I went to the graphic adapter. It shows as Microsoft Basic Graphic Adapter.

Attachments

• MS Basic Display Adapter.png
    MS Basic Display Adapter.png
    15 KB · Views: 1,427

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
This is the problem with doing an upgrade without knowing the product will be supported by/for the new OS. Sometimes manufacuteres just won't update old hardware on Netbooks/laptops....just not cost effective for them. Plus there's the idea of making one buy a new laptop.

Reaction score
This is the problem with doing an upgrade without knowing the product will be supported by/for the new OS. Sometimes manufacuteres just won't update old hardware on Netbooks/laptops....just not cost effective for them. Plus there's the idea of making one buy a new laptop.

Hmm, but we may not buy a new laptop from them right? Then why is this? I checked Sony Vaio Site for this model, it says, Windows 10 drivers for this model will be only available by Nov 2015... Is this what is true? Can't we not download any other drivers for this laptop? Any other hack possible? This needs to work - otherwise, I may loose my eye :(

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Hmm, but we may not buy a new laptop from them right?
That's up to you....

I checked Sony Vaio Site for this model, it says, Windows 10 drivers for this model will be only available by Nov 2015..
If that's what Sony is saying....then you'll just have to wait till they are written and released.

Can't we not download any other drivers for this laptop? Any other hack possible? This needs to work - otherwise, I may loose my eye :(
No....the driver has to come from Sony as they are the ones writing the driver.

Ask a Question