Display drivers stopped working...error code in a BRAND NEW computer!!!

Reaction score
LONG story ...short version....this is the second DELL Inspiron 5000 computer I have had in 2 months... both give Display driver error codes at times. Code says "DISPLAY DRIVER STOPPED RESPONDING AND HAS RECOVERED Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I returned the first computer to Office Depot and they replaced it with this one. Now this one is doing the same thing, I spent 45 min on the phone with DELL Support this morning and they took control and updated/installed several chips and drivers....then within 1 hour while on email, amazon and Facebook...BAM!! Display Driver error!!!!! WHAT THE CRAP!!???? Is this an issue that I need to be concerned with?? I called Office Depot and they suggest I return the Dell and go to an HP. HELP!!!??? Dell support tells me to return the computer for another or ship to them for warranty work....IT'S A BRAND NEW 9 DAY OLD COMPUTER!!! ANYBODY??? I have kindergarten experience with computers (maybe 1st grade) so this is ridiculous!!

Reaction score
I would return it for a refund and buy something else. Dell's were good PC's many years ago, but they use subpar parts in the vast majority of their consumer level PC's.

Reaction score
Office Depot is giving me the exchange only speech since this is the second computer!!! They said they would exchange for HP or (?) Lenovo....what else is there to "exchange" for!!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Personally, I'd go with the HP.
You need to make sure you're swapping for something very similar and comparing apples to apples
Intel based system, same processor, same amount of memory, same size and type of hard drive, etc., etc.,

Reaction score
I'd go for a Lenovo Thinkpad. Lenovo used to be IBM laptop machines and the Thinkpads were the best.

Ask a Question