Do I need Java

Reaction score
Hi since updating my Windows 7 to windows 10 i keep getting prompts to upgrade Java.

Do i need the app on windows 10

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No, Java is not routinely needed - some websites may try to make use of it, but even if you did install it I would recommend explicitly denying it to be used on websites. I'd actively avoid installing it unless you needed it (in most cases).

If you have it installed already and want to keep it, then yes you should always keep it up to date (vulnerabilities are often found), but if you're not using it for anything then I would uninstall it and rid yourself of an attack vector.

Reaction score
No, Java is not routinely needed - some websites may try to make use of it, but even if you did install it I would recommend explicitly denying it to be used on websites. I'd actively avoid installing it unless you needed it (in most cases).

If you have it installed already and want to keep it, then yes you should always keep it up to date (vulnerabilities are often found), but if you're not using it for anything then I would uninstall it and rid yourself of an attack vector.

Thank you for the information it is installed but i am going to uninstall it now

Thanks again

Ask a Question