SOLVED Docking Station Problem

Reaction score
Well I bought an hard drive docking station and it worked well, but now it seems to switch off and on randomly for some reason.
The hard drive it's self gets warm too, I've changed the usb ports which it is plug into, took the HD out and put it back in, but half way through saving my documents or music it will vanish and the come back on..is it faulty do you think, it's an ebay one.

Reaction score
I also use drive Docks and don't have the problem of it quitting reading during operation. Some times they don't immediately recognize insertion of a drive so I just turn off then back on. If they are USB 2 use a USB 2 port is usually best and if USB 3 use the USB 3 port. USB 3 is supposedly, and most times is, backward compatible with USB 2 but not always. If my Desktops don't have enough USB 3 ports I add a card, usually PCIe X1 to gain more. A possibility is there can be an issue with the power adapter for the Dock and maybe where it's plugged in.

Reaction score
I just have this feeling that I've bought a pig in poke really. It's very strange to say the least, sometimes it stays on
and sometimes it goes off, it's like pot luck with it. And when things like things happen, I begin to lose trust in it. I'll see what happens to
see whether the power stays on or not..thanks

Reaction score
I had an issue in "wrong part" couple three years ago with a front case headset port ordered on eBay, got wrong part and seller wouldn't or couldn't replace with correct one. Haven't gone there since but probably because eBay doesn't like issues, tends to block logins.

Reaction score
This is the third issue with ebay Bighorn, and it'll be the last I can tell you. I'll buy from a better reliable site in future, cutting cost means cutting quality from what I've learnt.

Reaction score
I think it may be a failing hard drive Bighorn, it seems to getting very warm and then shuts off. Also getting error error 0x80004005, then it shuts off.

Ask a Question