computer workstations for the home

Reaction score
I'm looking for computer workstations for the home past 2 days but I can't find it. Please tell me where can I buy it.

Reaction score
If you mean desks try Staples.com or Officemax/Office Depot. If you mean Workstation computers try the OEMs like Dell and HP, I got a good one from ASUS's business line a few years ago, has been quite stable [I haven't need for latest/greatest/fastest like gamers do].

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Whatever you are looking for, will depend on resources available to you based on your geographical location.
AND
With respect to computers and components, they may be further restricted due to international laws governing import and export restrictions.

Reaction score
If you mean desks try Staples.com or Officemax/Office Depot. If you mean Workstation computers try the OEMs like Dell and HP, I got a good one from ASUS's business line a few years ago, has been quite stable [I haven't need for latest/greatest/fastest like gamers do].
Our desks come from Ikea.

Reaction score
Many people including me call a computer a "workstation" if it is massively over equipped with cpu power, memory and storage with a big monitor....and runs Linux. And is used for specific tasks that need that power, weather modeling , graphics design etc.

Reaction score
Just was looking through Dell's December 2020 catalog and they are call their Precision machines as Fixed Workstations.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
any people including me call a computer a "workstation" if it is massively over equipped with cpu power, memory and storage with a big monitor....and runs Linux.
NO.....that's not a workstation. A work station has hardware specifically designed for the work space. The 3 biggest are are mobo, cpu and GPU. The mobo is stripped of all unnecessary slots and embedded chips. Then the CPU is usually an Intel Xeon. The GPU is completely different then standard PC GPU or gaming GPU. It's usually an Nvidia Quadro

Reaction score
NO.....that's not a workstation. A work station has hardware specifically designed for the work space. The 3 biggest are are mobo, cpu and GPU. The mobo is stripped of all unnecessary slots and embedded chips. Then the CPU is usually an Intel Xeon. The GPU is completely different then standard PC GPU or gaming GPU. It's usually an Nvidia Quadro
Close, the ASUS I got about 4 years ago from their business line has an NVIDIA GT710 graphics card but no onboard adapter. It did include a Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter but I removed it in favor of a PCIe X1 card to gain 4 more USB 3 ports.

Reaction score
And if an Intel Xeon or two is not powerful enough then some workstations have 2. And lots of ECC memory and a high powered graphics card to drive huge 4 K displays or specialized displays for the task.

Bassfisher we are not disagreeing here!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Bassfisher we are not disagreeing here!
I get it .... more details is all.

There is a difference between the so called business line PC vs the Work Station PC line. That is simply the price point by using a regular high end CPU and a high end GPU vs a Work Station CPU and GPU (Quadro) as those GPU's or more expensive the the regular GPU TI lines

Ask a Question