SOLVED Double Listed

Reaction score
hi guys I have a problem,ihave double listings in the tree in w10?
also blue tooth is not in my front boxes on start

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi gsau22,

When you say double listings in the tree are you meaning when you open Windows Explorer you are seeing duplicate listings of things like your USB hubs and drives? Perhaps one list on left side and another on right side of window, or just one list on left side, but the drives listed twice?

If that is what you mean then you'll need to let me know whether your system type is 32-bit or 64-bit so I can provide you a command line to enter in an elevated command prompt to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi gsau22,

You can confirm your System type by doing the following:
  • Press Windows key and R key together to open the Run Dialog
  • In the Run dialog type ms-settings:about then click OK

This will open the following window

about.png

I've highlighted the area to see whether your System type is 32-bit or 64-bit

Once you've confirmed your System type, close the window and do the following:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the User Account Control opens click Yes
  • The Administrator: Command Prompt console will now open.

In this window type or copy & paste the following:

Code:
    reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}"

Press Enter key to execute command

Note: If your System type is 64-bit you will need to type or copy & paste one more command:

Code:
    reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}"

Press Enter key

Type exit then press Enter key to close the Administrator: Command Prompt console.

• Close any other open programs then shut down computer.
  • Restart computer and all going well your double list will be resolved as Windows rebuilds the one / two keys you deleted above.

So to make sure this is clear.
  • If your System type is 32-bit, you only need to enter the first command.
  • If your System type is 64-bit you need to enter both commands.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi gsau22,

You can confirm your System type by doing the following:
  • Press Windows key and R key together to open the Run Dialog
  • In the Run dialog type ms-settings:about then click OK

This will open the following window

View attachment 3956

I've highlighted the area to see whether your System type is 32-bit or 64-bit

Once you've confirmed your System type, close the window and do the following:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the User Account Control opens click Yes
  • The Administrator: Command Prompt console will now open.

In this window type or copy & paste the following:

Code:
    reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}"

Press Enter key to execute command

Note: If your System type is 64-bit you will need to type or copy & paste one more command:

Code:
    reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}"

Press Enter key

Type exit then press Enter key to close the Administrator: Command Prompt console.

• Close any other open programs then shut down computer.
  • Restart computer and all going well your double list will be resolved as Windows rebuilds the one / two keys you deleted above.
So to make sure this is clear.

• If your System type is 32-bit, you only need to enter the first command.
  • If your System type is 64-bit you need to enter both commands.
Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi guys,did done tha tbut I still have to listings of my external drive in explorer for the external drive,the sd card only shows once its only the ex drive it was a 64bit so I followed your paste etc and restarted thanks graham

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys,did done tha tbut I still have to listings of my external drive in explorer for the external drive,the sd card only shows once its only the ex drive it was a 64bit so I followed your paste etc and restarted thanks graham

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi gsau,
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Task Manager
  • In window that opens, scroll down and right-click on Windows Explorer and select Restart

Sample Image to show what I mean

Untitled.png

When you do this, your Desktop and Taskbar at bottom will momentarily go black then refresh and icons will reappear.

Once they have reappeared, try checking File Explorer again. Assuming you did delete those Delegate folders as originally instructed to do, the duplicate external drive ought now to only appear once.

Alternatively you can achieve the same result another way:
  • Left-click on Start
  • Right-click on your Account Icon and select Sign out

Untitled2.png

Once you sign back in this will achieve same result as restarting Windows Explorer

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi gsau,
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Task Manager
  • In window that opens, scroll down and right-click on Windows Explorer and select Restart

View attachment 3972

When you do this, your Desktop and Taskbar at bottom will momentarily go black then refresh and icons will reappear.

Once they have reappeared, try checking File Explorer again. Assuming you did delete those Delegate folders as originally instructed to do, the duplicate external drive ought now to only appear once.

Alternatively you can achieve the same result another way:
  • Left-click on Start
  • Right-click on your Account Icon and select Sign out

View attachment 3973

Once you sign back in this will achieve same result as restarting Windows Explorer

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32 I will have to bottle your brain, i did what you told me first time it didn't appear to have any effect on it so I though that you will know your stuff ,but hey I retraced my steps you told me and hey any double listing I had have gone thank you graham

Ask a Question