SOLVED Prevent double keyboard strikes

Reaction score
I bought a new keyboard (Logitech MK235) on which the keys are wide, compared to the distance between them. Thus it happens rather frequently, that I hit a neighbouring key together with the intended one. Both keys get accepted in Windows 10.
I tried a number of your keyboard settings; "Enable slow keys" helps, of course, but the fastest rate (0.3 sec) is far too slow. For that to be usable you should also introduce 0.1 and 0.03 sec.
I could imagine, that you have made a S/W feature, which accepts only one of the keystrokes, preferably the most prominent one, when two keystrokes overlap in time. Alternatively: Which only accepts a second keystroke when the first key has been released. But I have not found such features in the W10 settings.
Can you please help?
Otherwise I imagine that a keyboard might exist, which has such behaviour a a built-in feature. If so, could you name one?

Reaction score
No help from me - sorry- But, in commiseration, it is the bugbear of my computer experiences. I have "fat" fingers and the finished product seldom looks like what I intend to type.

Reaction score
No help from me - sorry- But, in commiseration, it is the bugbear of my computer experiences. I have "fat" fingers and the finished product seldom looks like what I intend to type.
So, shouldn't we form a pressure group to ask Microsoft to do something about it?

Reaction score
So, shouldn't we form a pressure group to ask Microsoft to do something about it?
Once more, also to revive this question: I took up contact with Logitech. They do not have a driver which would avoid double strikes. They acknowledge that this particular keyboard (MK235) is more sensitive to such double strikes, as the keys are very flat (not the usual cup shape) and the gaps between the keys are minimal. In short: A keyboad to be avoided, for people who do touch typing (10 fingers).
However, it is quite conceivable that a (driver) software be built which would take ONLY the first key contact and ignore any further contacts until the first has been released. Does anyone know of plans within Microsoft to develop a software with such a capability?

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath for MS to resolve vendors hardware issues. There are many cheap USB plug and play keyboards with large yellow legible key's out there that work flawlessly.

Reaction score
Quote :" So, shouldn't we form a pressure group to ask Microsoft to do something about it?"
Microsoft do not design drivers. They give full OS info to the manufacturers and it is then, there responsibility, to make sure the drivers for their hardware is up to date.
But, returning to the problem. It helps me a little to slow everything down, by making a little customization in
1. The keyboard:

kyb.PNG

2 The ease of access center:

rpt.PNG

Reaction score
Quote :" So, shouldn't we form a pressure group to ask Microsoft to do something about it?"
Microsoft do not design drivers. They give full OS info to the manufacturers and it is then, there responsibility, to make sure the drivers for their hardware is up to date.
But, returning to the problem. It helps me a little to slow everything down, by making a little customization in
1. The keyboard:

View attachment 4676

2 The ease of access center:

View attachment 4677
Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned in my first post, I tried the Filter Keys> Slow down keys. However, having to press a key for 0.3 sec ( the fastest rate) is far too long for a typist using 10 fingers in touch typing. Maybe 0.1 sec or 0.03 sec would do, but that is not on offer.
After all this: I have given up: I'll send back this particular keyboard and try to select one with more deeply cup-shaped keys, and a larger distance between the rims of the cups.
I shall mark the thread as solved, although it appears to be unsolvable.

Ask a Question