After update when typing double letters or backspace I have to pause between strokes.

Reaction score
I had an update a few days ago and since then if I have to type double letters I have to pause for a second between them. It is the same with the space or backspace it's doin' my head in... is there a fix or do I have to use a restore point before the update.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Have you had an opportunity to double check the Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Properties -> Speed Tab
Experiment with those sliders and see if you can get things under control??

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's a lot of question marks so I assume that is a question, to which I will answer.....
Yes???
I attached an image of how mine is currently configured and seems to be working well, which I assume is more or less a default setting as I don't remember ever intentionally fiddling with it.

Reaction score
I believe that panel is obsolescent in Windows 10.
Open the ease of access section of the settings. Scroll down to the filter keys and have a look at the "Filter Keys" If they are "On", turn them off and see if that helps.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I believe that panel is obsolescent in Windows 10.
It may be old but not obsolete.
Try it....
Open it and slide both to the left all the way and use the text box to test the difference.
While "Filter Keys" may be an alternative and certainly worth taking the time to investigate.....
I'm old so more Old School.

Reaction score
No discernible difference for me, I'm afraid. I have had isolated keyboard problems, when typing, and tried that panel before, hence my post.

Ask a Question