Download pictures from a digital camera

Reaction score
When I installed Windows 10 upgrade I was pretty happy about how it ran.
However, when I had finished a day of photography I went to download the pictures onto my computer, but Win 10 couldn't recognise Jpeg's or an other graphic extension such as raw.
When I connected my camera to the computer Win 10 did recognise the camera, so it's not a hardware issue.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Bob

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Does the camera have a SD card in it? If so, have you tried just using the SD card to view/move/install pictures that way?

That is the only way I transfer pictures from my camera....for me it's faster than using the prebuilt in app/software of the camera.

Reaction score
Does the camera have a SD card in it? If so, have you tried just using the SD card to view/move/install pictures that way?

That is the only way I transfer pictures from my camera....for me it's faster than using the prebuilt in app/software of the camera.
Yes I have a SD card for the camera. I also pulled out the SD card and used a reader to access the pictures, but it said it was empty. Because it was important to access those pictures as they were of a presentation at my golf club, I decided to roll back Win 10 and once I had Win 7 back up and running I inserted my SD card into my reader and it showed my 104 pictures I had taken.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
My guess would be that you device has some unsupported software/drivers for windows 10. Excellent decision on rolling back to windows 7...that was going to be my recommendation as well.

Note: What golf club? I used to be the GM at Quaker Neck Country Club in NC before the owner up and sold it. It was out in the middle of no where. Used to be a pretty good golfer too....low 80s with no handicap.

Reaction score
My guess would be that you device has some unsupported software/drivers for windows 10. Excellent decision on rolling back to windows 7...that was going to be my recommendation as well.

Note: What golf club? I used to be the GM at Quaker Neck Country Club in NC before the owner up and sold it. It was out in the middle of no where. Used to be a pretty good golfer too....low 80s with no handicap.
I didn't have a problem playing with Win 10 as I was close to putting a new SSD drive in my computer. What I did find strange with the exercise was that Win 10 didn't recognise jpeg which along with BMP are the basic graphic extensions. I think Microsoft could make a huge step in the right direction if they allowed you to change the total look of the desktop to one your comfortable with. With regards to Linux, I too would love to switch as it would not only increase the speed of operation, but would allow us users more freedom of choice. With regards to golf, the club I belong to is the Cooroy Golf Club on the Sunshine Coast here in Australia. I am the Official Club Photographer there and as far as I know Cooroy is the only club that has one. If you would like to see what we get up to my email address is (e-mail address removed) so if you do a face book search you will find me. If after doing that you would like to be a friend just send me a friend request.
Getting back to Win 10, I noticed that it has some serious grunt, but where will it all end as it's sounding like a Rocky 15 or Rambo 23 lolol.

Ask a Question