Downloading Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool on USB Stick

Reaction score
Spent all day downloading Windows 10 and it give an error. So instead of using what was already downloaded. Microsoft's shit application is redownloading. The ******* idiots at Microsoft have forgotten everything they ever knew about making applications people actually want and use. I'm trying to save my bandwidth and run into this crap that errors and redownloads. I'm getting really sick of being shit on. So now that I should have been finished or at a point I could rewrite to disk. I'm having to spent the rest of the night downloading again. Quite possibly for another failure.

Reaction score
I understand your frustration and dealt with similar back in Dial-Up days. I've progressed to now having a 12Mbps unmetered connection and using the MCT have not had problems. Right now I'm downloading Win8.1 to Upgrade a Notebook with before going to Win10. It's got about 40 minutes left after having run 30 already, file is 4.0GB and downloading at 1.7MB per minute [think it's actually 1.7Mbps].

Reaction score
Something else to complain about.

You can not set Windows the way you want. Microsoft will continue to default settings as they please.

Reaction score
MS did warn, a while ago, that the Clean disk was going to be replaced by the storage facility. It's still there, though, as is IE and the Control panel, with similar warnings a while ago.

Reaction score
Yeah, takes them awhile to get things organized, e.g. still a number of places Windows Explorer shows up after the rename to File Explorer. Maybe we'll be back to Win3.1 File Manager soon, or Program Manager? I do still have one of those that runs. Just today was given an Apple iBook G4 running a PowerPC CPU.

Reaction score
I didn't take a chance on the Media Creation Tool creating the USB installer this time. I downloaded the ISO and used Rufus to create the USB Stick. I think I'm good to go if I don't run into the USB bug Microsoft has reported.

I have both x86 and x64 installation files on USB now And I can transfer them to an internal drive if needed.

BTW - I'm 47 today. Had myself a delicious lemon pie. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First..... Happy Birthday youngster

Bday.gif

Second... Big fan of Rufus been using it for quite awhile and so far it hasn't let me down once.

Ask a Question