Driver for a Flatbed Scanner

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Christmas is getting close. I have a Medion Flatbed Scanner, and it did have a very easy Scanning that came out very clearly.
My problem is that I had Driver / Software, until I lost my Hard Driver.
I would like to use it again, so I am wondering if someone at Windows 10 Forums would give me a idea of how I could get a Driver / Software
that would have it going again. I have tried a couple of companies, and they tell me they have nothing for that brand.
I appreciate any suggestions, you might come up with.
Kind Regards. Alfred Jones

Reaction score
Might need to find an older computer running Win7 that has such drivers available. Manufacturers can submit drivers for their devices to Microsoft for inclusion in the Windows setup files. But also check in Start with the scanner connected and Windows Accessories for Windows Fax and Scan, may have something basic there. In Win11 it would be in Start, Windows Tools.

Reaction score
What model do you have?? I have drivers for a MD5345, MD9806 and MD9848

You will have a hard time finding drivers for that. I could not find them on the medion website OR their forum

Reaction score
Sorry, no drivers for that and all the drivers I have may not even work anyway as they are made for Windows 9x/Me

Reaction score
Sorry, no drivers for that and all the drivers I have may not even work anyway as they are made for Windows 9x/Me
Frequently a problem with drivers for old devices is a 64-bit OS can't run 32-bit drivers although 32-bit programs can be run. Had to throw out a flat-bed that was given me for the same reason, don't have a computer with 32-bit Windows.

As far as I know the first 64-bit version of Windows was XP Pro. I used to have a Dell disc for it, don't recall if I kept it or not.

@Grizzly re your double post, it just happened to me but I deleted the second. When I hit Post it popped up an "Oops we had a problem" and when I cleared that saw the double of mine.

Last edited:

Ask a Question