Driver Installation turned on Safe Mode (Asks to restart, but always goes back to same screen)

Reaction score
Driver Installation turned on Safe Mode (Asks to restart, but always goes back to same screen)

Error on load screen: "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer."

I cannot complete downloading drivers, its been 3 days and my Inspiron 15 7000 Series cannot have free support because its 4 years old! They are asking me to pay $370 to resolve issue but does anyone know if there's a simpler fix!

Attachments

• 20211201_114242.jpg
    20211201_114242.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20211201_114248.jpg
    20211201_114248.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 40
Reaction score
Unless you have made any changes to the boot config the following should turn off Safe Mode allowing you to boot into normal Windows...

1. Boot the Windows installation media and select Repair My Computer.
2. Navigate to the command prompt and enter the command bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot

Now when you reboot Windows it should start normally - though the failed driver installation might well cause errors or even a BSOD (depending on what device driver it is and how badly the install fouled up). If you can start Windows, do a System Restyore to before the driver install. You may also be able to do a System Restore from the Windows installation media too.

Ask a Question