Dual Boot The AU with The Fast Ring Build

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good question and my answer is IDK.
Technically it should be do-able I would think, but....
I've heard of some issues dual booting involving problems with disappearing Restore Points and other stuff that I don't recall right now.

I haven't really "dual booted" any Operating Systems in quite a while and my last experience which seemed to have worked fine, was....
What I call a "multi-boot". which involves installing two separate Operating Systems on two separate hard drives and using the "F" key at POST to select which hard disk I want to boot to.
I kept the alternate hard drive disconnected during both installs so as not to give the installation the opportunity to pollute the BCD Store of one install with information from the other. Only connecting both when both had their own custom clean installs finished.

I've pretty much left dual booting and multi-booting behind, choosing instead, to use Hyper-V to run other Operating Systems in a Virtual Machine environment.

Reaction score
I do. But, I doubt you would care to try it the complicated way in which I do.
As Trouble hints, there are problems with restore points. This has always been the case, as one overwrites the other. But this is not a problem for me. I do not use the MS restore points, but maintain images with a third party program.
But , apart from Trouble's excellent solution:
It is quite cheap and painless these days, to get hold of an old , at least dual boot, computer/Laptop. I have an eight year old Acer for the specific purpose of testing the builds. I do have it on Slow, as my internet provider is very poor. I took advantage of the free upgrade a long time ago, so Windows 10 was initially installed and registered with MS.
Relatively trouble free (LOL. Excuse the expression!)

Reaction score
I too have still my good, old win7pro on a regular HDD; the win10pro on an SSD -- after cold-Boot I select either of them.
Only problem is that an old win10PREVIEW keeps popping up as 3rd alternative (crashing if I choose it) although I erased it from the HDD.
Rgds - Willy

Reaction score
I too have still my good, old win7pro on a regular HDD; the win10pro on an SSD -- after cold-Boot I select either of them.
Only problem is that an old win10PREVIEW keeps popping up as 3rd alternative (crashing if I choose it) although I erased it from the HDD.
Rgds - Willy
If you have erased the preview you can erase that entry from the boot manager. easiest way is with easyBCD (thats what I am using)...

Ask a Question