SOLVED Ebay and Browsers

Reaction score
I've had (or had) an ebay account for years, used firefox or edge. But a couple of months ago ebay said my account had
suspicious activity, I only use it to buy stuff. So I went along with ebay uk and started a new account, well three more
actually because every time I started one, I had to do the capture and failed each time. They told me I must use
chrome to stop losing my accounts, which I think is rubbish, It doesn't matter if I use private or let all the cookies on, it
still blocks me. Any idea's?.

Reaction score
I would suggest get into ebay account setting and edit all your info including changing the password.
Also check the purchase history and see if any new purchase you didn't authorize

Reaction score
Can't get into anything, it just refuses any password I set, I'm truly stumped and baffled as to why they
should do this after they gave me another account and then banned me again.

Reaction score
I've had the same Ebay account for over ten years, never had a problem.
Did you get some email purporting to be from Ebay that told you to click on a link to verify your account info? If so then you have been hacked. I get those emails ALL THE TIME, I never click on any link provided. I just log into Ebay like I always do, check the Ebay messaging system Inbox. Nope, nothing there. Emails reported as Spam, new ones keep coming. Scammers gonna keep scamming.

You can use Firefox with Ebay (I do), can't imaging why Ebay would tell you that you must use Chrome.

Reaction score
I signed in to my email account and couldn't find any recent fake Ebay notifications but did find this: All the emails listed are spam but note the highlighted message.

image.png

Ooh Nooess! My Paypal account! OMG OMG OMG!

image.png

I don't know if Gmail has this but Yahoo blocks external images and links by default. I of course wouldn't click on that link since I know it's BS. I always log into Paypal.com, no problems there. Nice try scammers.

I have actually clicked on a few of those links just to see where they would take me. The URLs are always some bogus domain, usually with 'account.verify' embedded in the address to fool gullible marks. They mostly point to an authentic-looking portal complete with logos/graphics of the site they are trying to steal credentials from. Guess what happens when you enter your user name and password.

Reaction score
spam!! switch off the wifi then enter each web browser and clear all history completely.
check out programs and features in control panel refer to any program you didn't install
and uninstall as necessary. In google chrome a bit different open settings do as just described.
go into advanced and reset chrome to clear all junk.clear any bookmarks or favourites restart your pc and switch on wifi.

Ask a Question