Email Programs

Reaction score
There are so many alternatives out there.
I wanted to break away from MSOffice and Outlook. Rather heavyweight for me now.

Over several months, I have tried most of the better offers.
Libre office won hands down for that function - case closed.

I tested Email progs over long periods. In the end, I found one which is a delight to use. eM Client.
When I installed it, to my delight I found it had set up most items. I needed to make a couple of very minor adjustments to the Outlook account.. Importing all my old contacts was a breeze. I even imported my "busy" calendar without too much trouble.
Downside for those who use a single program for the whole family - The free edition will only accept two accounts.
This is NOT and advert. Merely a comment and praise for a job well done.

Reaction score
Since Outlook Express I have never used anything else but Thunderbird and that is now 9 years ago. Never have used Outlook or any other clients....

Reaction score
Grizzly. In the end, it comes down to what you like and are used to. Basically, Apart from so-called "extras", they all do the bottom line function - Fetch and send Email.
In my case, for various and rather undetermined reasons, I just needed to shed myself of a few Microsoft bits and pieces. Office undoubtedly takes up more space than the average, and tends to work through functions a little slower. Space has no longer become an issue on modern computers/disks, though.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not used eM Client, but had a look at it after reading your post. It looks very much like a "lite" version of Outlook - I like it.

Next time I need a free e-mail client, I'll install it and test it out :).

Ask a Question