emails - How do I form a group of email addresses under one title

Reaction score
I belong to a group and post minutes to a number of email addresses. How can I form a group under one name instead of having to list each name individually?

Reaction score
Use your web-based Outlook.com (aka Hotmail.com).
It has a feature to create a group > give it a name > enter group members' addresses into the group.
Once done, next time you want to send an email to all the group members, just click the group name into the TO box > compose your message > click Send.
That's it. Each group member will receive the same email.

If you need in-depth instructions to create Group, please post back.

P.S. I do not know if the Mail app in Windows 10 can do that too. I don't use it and I won't bother to check it out. Maybe it has a similar feature too.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
P.S. I do not know if the Mail app in Windows 10 can do that too. I don't use it and I won't bother to check it out. Maybe it has a similar feature too.
I don't believe that the mail app nor the people app have this feature, but.....
Typically when you use your Hotmail / Outlook.com account in the web interface to perform the task of creating the group then it will be reflected in the associated App (mail / people) within Windows 10

Reaction score
I don't believe that the mail app nor the people app have this feature, but.....
Typically when you use your Hotmail / Outlook.com account in the web interface to perform the task of creating the group then it will be reflected in the associated App (mail / people) within Windows 10

Yes, but why bother to use the Mail app which is, at best, a "middleman".
I would rather create a shortcut to my desktop and use the "real" Outlook.com which has numerous other features I can access to directly. But that's just my personal preference.

outlook.com shortcut..jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good point.
Personally I only use the mail app when someone has a question like this.
I'm an Office Suite user and use Outlook exclusively for my mail client.
AND, was just trying to help.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Trying to setup a group email in Outlook 2016.....MS has deemed it not necessary as my "New Contact Group" feature is greyed out....and that sucks. After doing some digging doesn't look like it's going to be possible either. Doing a google search comes back with a bunch of users having the same issue. Now in Outlook 2013/2010 you can still add groups and if it's greyed out you can reactivate it in the preferences area.

Ask a Question