Error 6006 while trying to install Realtek 2.75

How to fix Error 6006 while trying to install Realtek 2.75?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
In order to get Cortana to work, I need to plug-in my headset to the front panel. Currently, the front panel doesn't work, but I've read Realtek will fix this problem.

I have tried to install Realtek 2.75 64-bit, but keep getting an error code 6006. The dialogue box gives three solutions: Close all other apps, clean Temp files, and check your internet connection (web based installs).

I have done the first two operations for a solution, and ignored the last since I'm installing from my computer. But those suggestions haven't helped.

There are quite a number of different answers for how to fix this problem including one that suggested using SmartPCFixer, which I did, but nothing has worked for me so far.

Has anyone else encountered this problem. Have you fixed it? If so, how?

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Any front panel connections on your case are likely connected to their respective motherboard connectors.
Whether they function properly or not might very well be contingent on whether you have the proper motherboard drivers installed, specifically the Chipset Driver as well as any associated BUS drivers.
My best advice at this point would be to check with your MotherBoard or PC Manufacturer for those drivers and see if installing them will help with the issue.

With respect to your having used something called "SmartPCFixer" I would suggest that you consider uninstalling that, as those types of programs are often loaded with Bloatware some of which might be considered Malware as well. While I can't speak specifically to that particular program, it has been my experience that they generally don't work and often are just a scam.

Reaction score
In order to get Cortana to work, I need to plug-in my headset to the front panel. Currently, the front panel doesn't work, but I've read Realtek will fix this problem.

I have tried to install Realtek 2.75 64-bit, but keep getting an error code 6006. The dialogue box gives three solutions: Close all other apps, clean Temp files, and check your internet connection (web based installs).

I have done the first two operations for a solution, and ignored the last since I'm installing from my computer. But those suggestions haven't helped.

There are quite a number of different answers for how to fix this problem including one that suggested using SmartPCFixer, which I did, but nothing has worked for me so far.

Has anyone else encountered this problem. Have you fixed it? If so, how?

Reaction score
I solved my own problem. My profile was corrupt. I loaded a new one and installed Realtek using compatibility for Windows 8.

Reaction score
Any front panel connections on your case are likely connected to their respective motherboard connectors.
Whether they function properly or not might very well be contingent on whether you have the proper motherboard drivers installed, specifically the Chipset Driver as well as any associated BUS drivers.
My best advice at this point would be to check with your MotherBoard or PC Manufacturer for those drivers and see if installing them will help with the issue.

With respect to your having used something called "SmartPCFixer" I would suggest that you consider uninstalling that, as those types of programs are often loaded with Bloatware some of which might be considered Malware as well. While I can't speak specifically to that particular program, it has been my experience that they generally don't work and often are just a scam.
Thank you for your post. Actually, SmartPCFixer is quite a good tool with no noticeable bloatware. Thanks again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information. And by the way.....
Welcome to the forum.

Ask a Question