SOLVED Error message when posting new thead

Reaction score
This is strange. While posting new thread keep getting error message. See screenshot. Its been working fine till yesterday,
don't know what's causing it. System is Win 10 (9860 build).

Posting this from another computer (Win 8.1)
error1.PNG

Reaction score
Ian will want to know the specific time (and time zone), so that he can look at the forum logs.

Chances are it was a glitch that will rarely happen. I think all the resident members have seen these from time to time, I know I have.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know (and the very useful screenshot)! I've had a look in the error logs, but can't see anything (all clear!) I don't think it was server-side - I wonder if there was a script that failed to load.

Has it worked on that same system since?

If it happens again, could you press F12 in the browser please and let me know if there is anything logged in the console?

Reaction score
Ian will want to know the specific time (and time zone), so that he can look at the forum logs.

Chances are it was a glitch that will rarely happen. I think all the resident members have seen these from time to time, I know I have.

Thanks Clifford. I'll see what Ian wants me to do

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know (and the very useful screenshot)! I've had a look in the error logs, but can't see anything (all clear!) I don't think it was server-side - I wonder if there was a script that failed to load.

Has it worked on that same system since?

If it happens again, could you press F12 in the browser please and let me know if there is anything logged in the console?

Thanks Ian, its still not working. It happens even when I press reply. When I press F12 ,this is what appears at bottom of the page (see screen shots). I went across to Win8 forums and its working fine. Hope it helps you track the problem.
Regards, Jim

Attachments

• script1.jpg
    script1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 711
  • script2.PNG
    script2.PNG
    11.9 KB · Views: 773
  • script3.PNG
    script3.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 767
  • script4.PNG
    script4.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 756
  • script5.PNG
    script5.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 763
  • script6.PNG
    script6.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 730
Reaction score
Thanks Ian, its still not working. It happens even when I press reply. When I press F12 ,this is what appears at bottom of the page (see screen shots). I went across to Win8 forums and its working fine. Hope it helps you track the problem.
Regards, Jim
I should add nothing shows up in the console

Reaction score
Hi Ian, thinking back to when this stopped working, I looked up my download logs.
I was getting this popup (see snip image). When I open it shows a blank page. Don't get it any more and that's about the time posting and reply stopped working. It may be a coincidence
or maybe related to it. Giving you as much info as I can.
regards,Jim
SnipImage.JPG

Reaction score
re; Like,Reply and Post buttons not working.

Tried to use the Like button and this what shows up in Console,(see screenshots)
I'm sorry to be a nuisance. Posting this from another computer.
Thank you, Jim

console script1.PNG
console script2.PNG
console script2.PNG

Attachments

• console script3.PNG
    console script3.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 745

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Jim - those js files are externally hosted things for the Facebook sharing feature, so shouldn't have any impact. Would you be able to clear your cache (and cookies if possible) please and see if that helps with things?

Reaction score
Thanks Jim - those js files are externally hosted things for the Facebook sharing feature, so shouldn't have any impact. Would you be able to clear your cache (and cookies if possible) please and see if that helps with things?

Good day Ian,
I cleared cache,cookies and its still the same. One thing that I found it happens as soon as go to the web page, I get those pop ups (2) in IE 11.Everything is working fine if I use CHROME browser.I have attached a snapshot.

Regards,Jim
popup1.PNG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Jim, I've disabled the facebook feature to see if that makes a difference - any luck now? :)

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, I've disabled the facebook feature to see if that makes a difference - any luck now? :)

Hi Ian,
sorry about the late reply, it seem to work ok now. It was a nuisance getting those popups
thanks for your help
Cheers,Jim

Ask a Question