Event id 41 (63) BSOD WD failure.

Reaction score
Looks as if the main issue here is that my mo bo is not W10 compatible. It ran though for over a year with this configuration though before this failure.
This explains why after a clean install of W10 pro it is stable initially and usually next day shows the BSOD problems i have been experiencing. I assume therefore it must be one of the recent updates that is causing the problem. Ie 1 within the last 6 weeks. It would be interesting to see which update it is and if anyone else has had similar issues.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You might want to try and run all the windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode and see if that will stop the BSOD's.

Reaction score
Hi,
Think I'm going to get a new mo bo. If i go for something like the Asus M5A97 it will support my Athlon 11X3 425 CPU so will only then need 4 GB of DDR 3 memory to get up and running again. Possibly also a video card if my Nvidia GTS8800 is not W10 compliant.
The problem i suspect will occur is that my copy of Windows will become unlicensed as it was an OEM licence. Any way round that one?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
If you're going to get a new mobo.....I would get a current or more modern one, one that uses DDR4. That one you've picked is old but still good and has windows 10 support.

With a new modern mobo, you will also need new CPU and RAM. If you're on a budget, we can figure the best bang for buck.

Yes.... with a new CPU/mobo you would need a new copy of windows 10.

Reaction score
Was checking on MS site and it implied the pcs are digitally signed your MS account so possible to do mo bo upgrade and keep licence.
Would be interested to see your recommendeds for more up to date set up although not unhappy with current performance as only used for web browsing, email and word processing.

Ask a Question