Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004

Reaction score
Since I installed the May 2020 Windows update (in July), my browsers have problems connecting to websites. Sometimes it's fine, it connects. Then, I go to another website, and it doesn't connect. So I click "reload this page" on Chrome, or "refresh" on Edge. Sometimes the page loads with one click, or with dozens of clicks. Or I have to come back to the page later.
I can't be the only one with this problem, caused by the update. Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this already?
Anybody have any solutions?
Thanks

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I think Windows 10 2004 is one of the worst they have released so far...

I had it offered for my HP laptop a couple of weeks ago so I downloaded it, having first done the usual Macrium Reflect backup..

I guessed it was going to go wrong when it took 5 1/2 hours to update, the usual had been about 2 hours..

All seemed to go well until it started taking 5-6 mins to boot up and shut down, and the HP 3D Driveguard stopped working...

I could live with the driveguard issues as that only protects the drive if you drop the laptop but waiting to start and shutdown was a pain..

SO after a week of trying all fixes I could fine I used my Reflect image and went back to 1909 and the laptop is now back to normal..

Speed issues is a common issue with the new update and I have heard that this is caused by an issue with an update to Edge so not sure if that is your issue.. this has been confirmed by Microsoft..

I am not going to update until they fix everything or I am forced..

Ask a Question