SOLVED Files won'open

Gil

Reaction score
Files, mainly photos won't open and come up with error box: " The application cannot be started because it is currently updating" Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Files, mainly photos won't open

Do I assume that you are using Windows 10's own Photos app to open picture files ?
It is true that Windows apps need updating.
Question is : do you get the same error message every time you try to open a picture file with Photos app ?

I really do not have a direct answer for you.
I would suggest that you use Windows Photo Viewer to open image files.
By default, Windows Photo Viewer is no longer listed in Open with, but you can restore it easily. Real easy.
If you want to give it a try, here is the link ................
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14312-windows-photo-viewer-restore-windows-10-a.html

Once you have it installed, right click at an image file > click Open With ( hope you have Open With in your context menu ) > click Choose another app > click Windows Photo Viewer > check the box Always use this app to open..." > click OK when done.
After that, all image files will be opened by Windows Photo Viewer automatically.

I use Windows Photo Gallery instead, but that's because I have installed Windows Essentials.

Ask a Question