Fine-tuning screen resolution

Reaction score
Upgraded from Windows 7 with no problem. But the default screen display (at 1024 x768) was much too large and spread out. At 1280 x 1024, I have a screen resolution close to what I want. But the screen is a fraction distorted, the type (which I can probably fix ) is a little small.

In the "advanced sizing of text and other items", I saw a supposedly flexible graph for the resolution, but it only changed from one "official" resolution to the next. And I would like something in between.

Now, I hate to be like Goldilocks, but is there any way to fine-tune the resolution to exactly where I want it? I tried resizing the screen, but doesn't seem to work. I'd be happy to get a new monitor (this one is out of the input range of the higher resolutions), but unsure what to buy. Or perhaps I can do something on the display page which will get me whatever I want.

Yes, I can live with this, but on my beloved XP and lately Windows 7, the screen was exactly what I wanted. And since I hope to live with Windows 10 for a few years, I'd hope to make it perfect.

Many thanks for any suggestions

Last edited:

Ask a Question