floppy disk 'A'

Reaction score
I am having problems. my Wife cannot logging in, it will not accept her Password. I have tried to reset it but every time I go into reset Password it shows a Wizard help reset page saying I have a floppy disk 'A' and it needs a Wizard password to get in. I haven't got this floppy disk but I can't delete it. I have tried everything I can think off, is there a solution to my wife's problem. I have no problems getting into my pages.

Reaction score
It seems what version of Win 10 you are running effects whether you can reset your password or not.. Did you create a Floppy drive for that purpose or did you set that up another way?

It seems later Win 10 versions us the Security Questions to allow a password reset, 1803 and later..

No PIN set up for her system?

Reaction score
One thing to check, Windows [or other OS] reads the BIOS to see what hardware it has to work with, over time the BIOS has been leaving that floppy drive out and most likely the port on the motherboard for the floppy drive has been left off. Also there are USB 3.5" floppy drives available and may or may not be bootable, again may be a setting in the BIOS about enabling Legacy USB. The prompts I've seen have suggested using a USB drive.

Ask a Question