SOLVED Folder Problem

Reaction score
For quite some time im having this folder problems, some how i cant seem to resolved it , so I thought I'll give it a try in here ....every time im trying to open a folder on my PC Im getting this message:

"This file does not have a program associated . Please install a program or , if one is already installed , create an association in the Default Programs control panel "

The only way to open the folder is to use right mouse button click and choose open ,
very annoying to work like this
The only strange thing I see is that when I klick right mousebutton on top it seems windows wants to open my folder with "cmd"
Y? ... no idea, but hope to resolve this

also see JPEG below.
printscreen menu.png

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You may need to re-associate your folders to open with the correct application. I did some searching for a registry file, which you'll need to run, then restart your PC.

I've attached the file to this post. I should caution that I've not tested this particular file and that it's always worth having a backup of your PC before making any changes to the registry that you're not familiar with.

Attachments

• Folder Association.reg
    8.6 KB · Views: 477
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me out Ian,

I did run-install the .reg file but to bad nothing has changed, By hand I cant seem to re-associate the folder to open with any other application. Any other suggestion?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No problem :). Did you restart your PC after running the reg file?

Perhaps this 2nd reg entry will help too (directory associations, rather than folder).

Attachments

• Directory Associations.reg
    8.2 KB · Views: 495
Reaction score
WooooW Ian !!!!!!!!!

Awesome...cant believe it !!!! ITS FIXED !!!! hahah thanks man !!! After alll these weeks..cant believe it Its working normaly again !!!!!!! Mannnnn im really happy :D :D:p I did restart the PC after installing the Folder Asso .reg file but that didnt do the magic.... after installing Direct. Asso .reg n restarting my PC...the gates of heaven opend again haha..awesome Thank you very much Ian..... Greetings from the Netherlands !!!!

Ask a Question