SOLVED Fonts Installating

Reaction score
Hi, its been ages, like win8 since I needed to post for advice in here. I keep reading though, thanks for all the awesome advice.
Anyway, since the most recent windows update I've been having this issue with fonts.
I use a LOT of fonts and have been able to add new fonts to the win font folder as shortcuts. Since the most recent update I've only been able to install fonts.
That is a huge load. I have been into the font folder in control panel and even though the box to install a font as a shortcut is checked I'm still only able to
"install" a font. If anyone can suggest how I can use fonts without installing them into the window font folder I'd be most grateful.
Thank you
Linda (aka WillowHoop)

Reaction score
I've collected a lot of Fonts over time from Windows 3.1 through now, some came with programs. Most of the warnings I've gotten about too many installed came from Microsoft's Works [last version was 9.x a few years ago when it was discontinued]. There's some pages about it found by a Search of the 'net:

Reaction score
Hi Willow,

I am not sure if you are aware but you can also manage fonts in System Settings > Personalisation > Fonts!. :)

1583313415838.png

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie. I did know about that but again, that is installing fonts and I only wish to be able to add a shortcut to the fonts folder. Many fonts are quite hefty in size.

Reaction score
I've attached a screen shot for you Wolfie

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 153
Reaction score
As you are using version 1903, I recommend an upgrade to 1909 which may help solve the problem?.

Refer to the link above in my previous post. :)

Reaction score
Nope didn't alter anything with regards to fonts, nice try though.
Its bedtime down here in Aussie land, so I'll catch up tomorrow, thank you

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie, I'll go and check this link out. Hopefully that option to install as a shortcut will appear magically one day if I can't work it out before hand. If I do find a solution I will post it on this thread.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated

Ask a Question