FREE?

Reaction score
As I expected - not exactly FREE - if you have professional and ultimate versions you'll get (it appears) the home version
of win 10 - of course you can upgrade to pro for $140 ; :)

Reaction score
It is supposed to be a version for version upgrade. If you have a qualified home version it should upgrade to the Windows 10 home version. Same if you have a pro version which should upgrade to Windows 10 pro. The upgrade is free and there should be no money involved unless you want to upgrade from a home to a pro version in which case you will have to pay to upgrade.

Reaction score
It is supposed to be a version for version upgrade. If you have a qualified home version it should upgrade to the Windows 10 home version. Same if you have a pro version which should upgrade to Windows 10 pro. The upgrade is free and there should be no money involved unless you want to upgrade from a home to a pro version in which case you will have to pay to upgrade.

I may need to apologize - only 2 of my 6 computers updated today - I just checked the build sheets on the 2 laptops and it does say win8 and win 8.1 - it does not say pro versions .. so lets see what it does when it updates the 2 win 7s that I know are professional .. the other win8 pro has not updated either and this machine - which I was almost certain was a pro also .. was the one I installed the preview build on with a clean install - so not sure
it knows what version I had ..

Ask a Question